All dogs and cats should have a veterinary exam at least once a year, and in many cases more frequent visits may be needed. These visits can help keep your pet healthy, and can help you avoid more costly visits in the future. The cost of prevention is often a fraction of the cost of treating a disease or problem.
Many diseases and illnesses don’t have any symptoms in the early stages, so early detection through physical exam findings, and routine laboratory testing is important. Early detection often leads to less expensive treatments, less difficulty in treating, increased odds of a successful outcome, and an improved quality of life for your pet.
At Timpanogos Animal Hospital preventive care visits are tailored to your pet’s specific needs. Your pet’s unique plan will be based on many factors including their history, physical exam findings, lifestyle, and age. These services may include:
- Detailed nose to tail examination
- Immunization with core vaccines including rabies
- Immunization for based on individualized risk
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Intestinal parasite screening and control
- Early disease screening tests
- Diagnostic laboratory testing (such as blood and urine testing, and radiographs)
- Spaying, neutering, and reproductive counselling
- Dental recommendations
- Nutrition counseling
- Behavior counseling
Contact us today for more information on your pet’s preventive care!